Say hello to Bertie Bear!
With this step-by-step crochet kit, you’ll turn a few balls of recycled yarn into your very own Bertie. A cuddly companion you can either keep as a friend, or post back to us for free.
Any finished Berties we receive will be donated to our charity partner HIHFAD, so they can offer comfort to displaced children in Syria. If you choose to keep your Bertie, don’t worry - we’ll still donate the money you spent on the kit.
Bertie is a crochet kit for beginners and intermediates - with all the yarn, tools and instructions you need to get going. There are only four stitches to get the hang of, so he’s a great first step into the world of amigurumi.
If you’re going to send your finished Bertie back to us, please be sure to add a free postage label to your basket!
- 3x balls of Hoooked Eco Barbante in main colour
- Eco Barbante yarn in white (muzzle) and black (eyes/nose)
- 1x 4mm bamboo crochet hook
- 100% recycled toy stuffing
- 1x Bertie Bear crochet pattern
- 1x free return postage label (optional)
- A few extra treats
Time to make: 8 hours
You’ll need to:Magic loop, double crochet (UK), double crochet increase, double crochet decrease